This Page

has been moved to new address

purple

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Views of Now: purple

Sunday, June 19, 2011

purple



I got the inspiration for these photos partly because I was lazy and partly because I wanted to experiment with beauty. My normal beauty routine consists of mascara, mineral powder and concealer, occasionally eyeliner. I rarely go out of my comfort zone as I am not sure how to and these purple-ish lips are about as far as I've gone. I read about how to do them first in Teen Vogue (and modified that a little). I got my Hissyfit berry lipgloss and some dark purple eyeshadow and mixed them up and applied it to my lips with a brush. Not the best technique, but apparently gets a "pigmented" colour. I was much too lazy to do full body shots so wore my new favourite Pink Rogue peter pan collar top which I also featured here. Hope you enjoy my first step at wearing bold makeup. 

X.
p.s. New post on Baja! Check it out: http://baja-greenawalts-cozybooknook.blogspot.com/

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At June 20, 2011 at 12:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very lovely! You look beautiful! And I think the color works. You could of even done darker, in my opinion. Well done! Also, I'm having a give away over on my blog. Check it out :]

Aryn
Driftwood and Daydreams

 
At June 20, 2011 at 4:08 AM , Blogger Grace said...

I only use eyeliner.. <3!
I really hate lip gloss and lipsticks because they're annoying on my lips :S
Anyway you look really nice with that purple!

 
At June 20, 2011 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

love it i definitely don't go past my usual make up steps you look great love the top!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At June 20, 2011 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Just Dress Up, Darling said...

this is so pretty! i would never think about trying this if i read it in a magazine, but it looks so good on you i just might have to!

love your top as well. :)

 
At June 21, 2011 at 2:01 AM , Blogger Maria Bach said...

Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog!
Of course i will follow your lovely blog too !

// Maria Bach

 
At June 21, 2011 at 9:43 AM , Blogger K A T H L E E N said...

really cute photos! cute hat

 
At June 21, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I love your top, the collar is very cute! I am now following your blog :)

Laura - White Winters

 
At June 22, 2011 at 12:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i love everything about this blog - you are quite a lovely person - glad to meet you!

 
At June 22, 2011 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Rachel, Cold Knees said...

you look really lovely- your lips look really subtle but beautiful! :D xx

 
At June 23, 2011 at 6:36 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

Hi Izzy! You look so pretty. Love the makeup! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Following you. xx

http://forshoeswefall.blogspot.com/

 
At June 23, 2011 at 7:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so adorable. ♥ the blog.

 
At July 1, 2011 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Irusja said...

Lovely pics! The outfit is so cute!

http://inelegancewetrust.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home